Sunday, September 15, 2013

Living as a shadow-that's what I'm scared of

I've never actually seen my monster, but I have heard it. It’s always been that shadowy figure in my dreams or walking a step or two behind me when I’m alone. It’s that voice that tries to bring me down, telling me that I’m not good enough, that I don’t matter. I’m always going to have to walk fast and keep my head high because, if I don’t, Shadow would swallow me and nothing would ever be the same for me ever again. The scary thing about this is, nobody would know- my body, my mind, my brain- they’ll all still be right here; but I would never be the same person ever again. I wouldn't be me anymore- I’d be that person my Shadow makes me think I am. I would be my shadow.

              It’s not easy to keep running from your monster when he’s at your heels. They say that facing your demons is what life’s all about. Maybe that’s what I’m meant to do- turn around when I hear those voices and tell them to shut up. Tell my Shadow that it’s wrong- because I AM good enough, I totally deserve happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you guys think?