Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pool people

So i was at the pool today (no it isnt a community pool but i live in an apartment so i tend to have to share it with other people) and i managed to get a lot of my "people-observing" done...some people may call it stalking but i am NOT doing any harm just looking...ok i admit it might be on the verge of staring but im only doing it because i find it all too interesting.

My cover: i was "tanning" and doing some "sketching" (hence the ugly rose which is in fact a    scanned version of my drawing...whenever someone gave me an extra careful look i ducked down immediately, pretending to have gotten a sudden inspiration)

I dont think what i was doing was wrong in any way but i figured people might find it weird of they caught a swimsuit clad girl with a clipboard and lopsided(though i didnt know they were lopsided until i got back home) sunglasses looking at them with interest (NOT staring).

I was there for the whole day (ive got white rings around my eyes where my sunglasses used to be) so i got to see a large number of different types of people:
  • The Groups: Spring break is here and it looks like there a lot of people visiting...These people were the least suspicious, I could have taken off my shades and stared right at them and they wouldn't have minded. The group I saw today consisted of two busty (and when i say busty, I mean nobody-would-notice-their-face busty)girls and a two super cocky and super hot guys all under the supervision of their mama who was totally strutting her stuff in that barely fitting swimsuit(im sry about that, i just gotta vent on them in some way...those boys kept checking me out and those girls were such bitches!!)
  • The Tanners: They look like they already have a perfect year-round tan going on there but hey! everyone wants more :) Equipped with skimpy swimming costumes, large dinky jewellery, chunky sunglasses, jimmy choos (i know...the poor things)and the all-important smartphone, all they do is look bored and text, i worry that theyre wasting a lot of time because i dont think the sun cn get through all that primer and foundation to tan their skins.
  • The Surfers: I know what your thinking...surfers at the pool? But theres no other way to describe em, complete with their perfect bodies, bathing trunks, unnecessarily Australian accents ("dude its awesome in here blah..blah..dude! duuuuuuuuuude...") and AMAZING swimming skills...(btw they were the only ones who actually managed to SWIM in the pool today) These dudes even managed to get the otherwise uninterested tanners to look up from US! Weekly and The Vogue or from their constant tweeting (#BoredAndAtThePool or #tanning)
Thats all i managed to get today (with a price of being checked out by people totally not my age and having to have been forced into an intense staring competition with some hot random guy with a face that only said one thing- "Im here for everyone to see my abs and see my abs they will do"(it secretly also seemed to be saying "or else..." that was scary)

But i would really have to take this opportunity to thank my sunglasses i think i wore them out today, but they are the ultimate weapon when u want to look at someone and dont wanna be caught looking,
(might i point out that aviators, while they never go out of fashion are totally give you away in case u ever wanna do what i did today so thats why i think chunky girl shades are the best! go prada!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you guys think?